There are a few weeks left in Spring and just a few weeks left for Spring cleaning! You may have cleaned out your closets or maybe even your pantry. But have you taken on that dreaded pile of papers that you have stacking up? (You know the ones we are talking about!)
Now what to do with all of these documents that contain your name, address, bank information, and who knows what else! If only there were a local event that would accept these papers and dispose of them properly.
Well, it just so happens that you’re in luck. On Saturday, May 21, from 8 am to noon, GHS Federal Credit Union, in conjunction with Equinox Broadcasting, is hosting their Shred the Love event! All donations generated from the event will benefit United Way of Broome County’s Full Plate Project: an initiative that works to ensure that no child, adult, or family goes hungry in our community.
REASONS TO GET RID OF YOUR UNWANTED PAPERS:
- Prevents identity theft. Your identity can be stolen with little personal information like your name and address.
- Reduces clutter. Imagine all the storage space you will gain after riding all that mess properly!
- It’s a potential fire hazard. Nothing burns more easily than paper.
- It’s the law! Under the Data Protection Act, medical records, personal addresses, salary details, and any financial data are considered confidential waste and should be disposed of properly.
- Support the community. 100% of donations raised from the event will directly support the Full Plate Project.
We hope to see you there! If you are interested in learning more information about the Full Plate Project and donating now, visit here.