Marketing & Communications Intern
Marketing & Communications Director
Part-Time (approximately 28 hours per week)
Please send cover letter and resume by May 21, 2018 to:
United Way of Broome County, Inc.
Finance PO Box 550
Binghamton, NY 13902
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
United Way of Broome County seeks a dynamic, self-starter to assist marketing and communications efforts. This internship is an excellent opportunity to experience various aspects of marketing while working for well-known community based nonprofit organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Update and maintain United Way of Broome County’s social media presence, including scheduling updates
• Assist in planning, writing and organizing monthly eNewsletter Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
• Collect quantitative and qualitative data from marketing campaigns
• Perform market analysis and research
• Support the marketing team in daily administrative tasks
• Assist in development and copyediting of content for promotional materials
• Prepare promotional presentations
• Help distribute marketing materials
• Assist in organization of marketing events
• Research and documentation of memorabilia, historical items and relevant files for 100th year anniversary
• Collaborating with staff on new ideas, directions, and venues for marketing and communications
Education and Experience Required
Student pursuing Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, communication or a related field and experience in graphic design, video or any related field.
- Firm grasp of available tools and platforms in the social media space
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Programs
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite desired
- An effective communicator, both written and oral
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner with press and community contacts
- Self-motivated, good organizational skills, detail-oriented, ability to prioritize, multi-task & meet deadlines
- Enthusiasm for the mission of United Way and the people we serve
- Leadership potential
- Ability to learn other software programs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- American citizen or clearance with affiliated college’s international program
- Verbal and written communication skills to include the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely, engage others, and take into consideration the perspectives of others.
Sitting, Standing, Lifting, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects.