File your taxes for free. Get the assistance you need.
United Way of Broome County is committed to ensuring that people in our community can easily and accurately file their taxes to receive the refunds and credits they deserve. One solution we offer is the MyFreeTaxes Tool.
MyFreeTaxes is completely free for individuals and families who earned less than $66,000 in 2020 — whether you file in multiple states, work freelance, have a side gig, or earn investment income.
Let the experts handle the details.
MyFreeTaxes, the largest, free, online tax filing product available, is powered by H&R Block’s premium software, so filing is easy, secure, and guaranteed to be 100% accurate. The software scans for any tax credit you’re entitled to, making sure you get your maximum refund.
Why should you use MyFreeTaxes?
- File from the comfort of your own home! You don’t even have to get off the couch. By simply using your phone, tablet, or computer, you can have your taxes done in no time.
- Stop the spread and social distance. By not having to go to a tax preparer, you are helping to stop the spread of COVID-19 and lowering your risk of exposure.
- Get connected with a specialist. Need some assistance filing your taxes? MyFreeTaxes’ Helpline is open from 10 am-10 pm EST daily to clarify things like filing status. Just call
- Easily walk through common tax deductions. Go step-by-step to see if you are eligible for deductions, like the Earned Income Tax Credit or the Child Tax Credit. You can also use MyFreeTaxes to claim missed stimulus payments!
- Did we mention it’s free? Save money on what you would normally spend on preparing your taxes and capitalize on your return this year.
So far, MyFreeTaxes has helped 1.3 million people save $260 million in tax filing fees. See if you are eligible by checking out MyFreeTaxes!
For individuals and/or families who would like to have a volunteer file their taxes for them through the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program (VITA), click here.
**MyFreeTaxes is a partnership program offered by United Way Worldwide and H&R Block. United Way of Broome County does not locally provide support with MyFreeTaxes.**