Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
How do I qualify for free income tax services?
To qualify, your household income must be $66,000 or less and you have worked and lived only in New York State and you must not have rental property income. Additionally, if you are self-employed, you no reported loss, no employees and business expenses under $10,000.
How do I make an appointment?
By calling 2-1-1 or 1-800-901-2180, you will be connected to one of our specialists who will be able to set you up for a free appointment.
Sites open February 4, 2019 – April 10, 2019
What do I need to bring to my scheduled appointment?
- Picture ID’s for you and your spouse. Your spouse must be present at the appointment
- Social Security Card and birthday for each family member
- W-2 forms for all jobs worked
- All 1099 forms that you have received
- Be prepared to discuss Health Insurance Coverage
- Copy of last year’s income tax return
- Childcare provider’s name, address and tax ID number, if applicable
- Bank account number for direct deposit
- If self-employed, bring business records for income and expenses
- Department of Social Services
- Family Enrichment Network
- Binghamton University