2024-2025 Strategic Investment Fund Letter of Intent
United Way of Broome County provides funding for nonprofit health and human service organizations located in Broome County. To be eligible for funding, organizations must complete a multi-step process that begins with a Letter of Intent (LOI). The LOI provides a very broad but concise description of the program requesting funding and the anticipated program outcomes. All programs requesting funding are required to complete an LOI.
Prospective applicants will be required to choose a proposed program focus area(s). Organizations must describe how their proposed program will support at least one of the following long-term outcomes:
1. Reduce the rate of potentially preventable hospitalizations
2. Reduce the percentage of adults reporting 14 or more days of poor mental health per
3. Reduce the rate of indicated reports of child abuse
1. Increase the percentage of children enrolled in early child care
2. Decrease the chronic absenteeism rate among elementary, middle, and high school students
3. Increase post-secondary preparedness by increasing the post-secondary enrollment rate
1. Reduce the percentage of the population living below the ALICE threshold
2. Reduce the percentage of renter-occupied units in which gross rent is 30% or more of household income
3. Reduce the percentage of the population who lacks adequate access to food
Letters of Intent are due by 3:00 PM on Friday, December 1, 2023. Once submitted, United Way of Broome County staff will be in contact via email to provide you with access to the funding application. Please note — before being given access to the full application, a representative from your organization must attend one of the two grant information sessions:
- Virtual: Thursday, November 9 from 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM. Click here to register.
- In-Person: Thursday, November 30 from 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM. Click here to register.
Please email Timothy Hafner at [email protected] for more information. You may submit the LOI before you attend the information session. We strongly recommend reading through the RFP before submitting an LOI to ensure you understand all eligibility requirements and if your proposed program aligns with the grant.
**Please make sure you fully fill out each section. All required information is due upon submission. If any information is missing or incomplete, the applicant organization will not be given access to the funding application.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.