‘Tis the holiday season! As the weather gets colder and COVID-19 restrictions linger, you may be thinking of ways to stay active and celebratory during this holiday season. Here are some fun activities to do, all while giving back to our community!
- Check out the Festival of Lights at Otsiningo Park! The festival is open daily, running from 5 pm-9 pm Sundays through Thursdays, and 5 pm-10 pm on Fridays and Saturdays. The $15 admission charge supports the Food Bank of the Southern Tier, the Spiedie Fest, and local veteran organizations.
- 2. Clean out your closets! Take some time to go through those closets for clothing, shoes, outerwear, and other items you may no longer use, and donate them to local organizations like the Salvation Army of Binghamton.
- Donate canned goods and other foods! Everyone deserves access to a healthy meal. Programs like Broome County Council of Churches’ CHOWworks to ensure families won’t go hungry this holiday season, and all year round.
- Follow along with the Food Bank of the Southern Tier’sSelfless Elf Advent Calendar! This calendar, lasting the 25 days leading up until Christmas, includes fun activities, many of which challenge you to take part in selfless acts in your community or even your own home!
- Donate to local drives! Our Warm Winter Weather Accessories Drive is running through the end of the December 2020. Make sure to read more about all of the different ways you can donate, including a contactless option.
- Looking to make a monetary donation? Donate to our Annual Community Campaign. 100% of all donations go directly to community-based projects and programs.
Whatever you decide to do this holiday season, do it with love, and let it inspire you to give throughout the entire year!