Warmer weather calls for getting outside and getting active! The Healthy Lifestyles Coalition is excited to kick off the season with their Pedal into Spring event. On Saturday, April 9, from 10:30 am-12:30 pm, HLC is celebrating the annual launch of their Fresh Cycles program.
Held at the Lee Barta Community Center at 108 Liberty Street in Binghamton, the Pedal into Spring event will feature a fun-filled morning of activities for the family. The Broome County Traffic Safety Program will host a safety demonstration at 11 am and perform helmet fittings. They will even give some away! (While supplies last.) There will also be bike giveaways and prizes. There will be pots for painting, and VINES has graciously provided soil and seeds for planting!
Have you ever heard of a smoothie bike? Join HLC to make smoothies without electricity! Hop on the bike, pedal away, and get rewarded with a fresh smoothie that you made!
While bike riding, wearing a helmet is crucial in practicing bike safety. Here are some things to remember when it comes to wearing your helmet:
- Make sure your bike helmet fits you well.
- Always wear your helmet the right way so it will protect you: Make sure it covers your forehead and don’t let it tip back. Always fasten the straps.
- Don’t wear a hat under your helmet.
- Take care of your helmet, and don’t throw it around. If it’s damaged, it won’t protect you as well when you need it.
- Get a new helmet if you fall while on your bike and hit your head.
- Put reflective stickers on your helmet so drivers can see you better.
We hope you join us for the Pedal into Spring event! Make sure to follow the Healthy Lifestyles Coalition on Facebook to stay informed of all their latest events and programming.