Now more than ever, our community is proving what a large impact we can make together, despite having to stay at a distance. With the holiday season underway, you can continue to make a difference!
Tuesday, December 1, is Giving Tuesday. This particular day has historically been held the Tuesday after Thanksgiving and is celebrated in countries worldwide. The word “give” can have many different interpretations and meanings. So, what can you do to celebrate this day?
- There are so many volunteer opportunities in our community! You can volunteer on your own or even work together with a group of friends. This is a great way to give back, as local nonprofits are always looking for extra helping hands.
- Your voice has so much power! Talk to your peers about local nonprofits and their impactful programs. Make sure to check out our community partners and their social media pages. By just sharing even one post, you can spread their mission to so many people.
- Give to a local drive! Here at United Way of Broome County, we are currently holding a Warm Winter Accessories Drive, which is seeking donations of new warm winter accessories to be distributed to those in need throughout our community. You can learn more here!
- A random act of kindness is a great way to spread positivity and create a chain reaction. These instances can be as big of a gesture as shoveling someone’s driveway, or as small as asking a stranger how their day is going. Kindness is contagious!
- The gift of a monetary donation is always welcomed and deeply appreciated. 100% of your donation goes directly to local projects and programs, never any administrative or processing fees.
No matter what way you decide to give on this Giving Tuesday, any little bit counts! On behalf of United Way of Broome County, we thank you for your kindness and generosity, today and every day.