In this time of uncertainty, there’s a fundamental truth that gives us hope – that we can do extraordinary things together. Over the past year and a half, the entire world has been coming together to stand up, help out, give back, and heal. Generosity has been helping the entire world get through this global pandemic. Together.
Giving Tuesday, celebrated the Tuesday after Thanksgiving, is an opportunity for people worldwide to use their individual power of generosity to remain connected and support their communities. It’s a day when everyone comes together to give back in all forms-acts of kindness, gifts of voice, time, talent, or treasure.
How You Can Celebrate
- Volunteering is a great way to gather with those closest to you and give back to critical causes in our community. Hone in on your interests and abilities to find an opportunity that best suits you on our Volunteer HQ!
- The United Way of Broome County staff are making holiday cards for those who are in nursing homes and assisted living facilities. Want to join the fun? Find a care facility near you and contact them to see if they are accepting holiday cards!
- Spread the holiday joy by donating new toys for kids ages 1-10! United Way of Broome County is serving as a drop off location for our local Toys for Tots at 101 S Jensen Rd in Vestal 8:30 am-4:30 pm Monday through Friday.
- Spread the power of giving through social media! Encourage your peers on your social platforms by demonstrating how you’re participating using the hashtag #GivingTuesday.
- Sometimes it’s the little acts that mean the most: letting a car in front of you in heavy traffic or even smiling at someone in the grocery store. No matter how you celebrate, celebrate with kindness!
Change doesn’t happen alone. Help kick off the holiday season with an act of kindness. Giving is made easy through quick and easy donations. Consider donating to United Way of Broome County, and 100% of your donation will go directly to community projects and programs.