Emerging Leaders Society
Join our next generation of emerging leaders!
United Way’s Emerging Leaders are a dynamic group all about making connections – with a purpose. With the Emerging Leaders Society, you’ll have opportunities to give back to Broome County at events while meeting other ambitious and passionate young professionals.
Emerging Leaders are building a stronger, more vibrant Broome County with a focus on advancing United Way’s strategic priorities through leadership development, educational opportunities, volunteerism and networking events.
To promote and encourage philanthropy and volunteerism by engaging young professionals with the United Way of Broome County through impactful community service projects, leadership development, and by fostering personal and professional relationships.
Catch up on our Round Table Discussions Series, which features timely, interactive, raw, unfiltered conversations with local young professionals.
Strengthen our community by creating highly visible and impactful service projects.
Foster and grow connections that will benefit members on a personal as well as professional level.
Provide targeted and meaningful educational opportunities to support the development of future leaders.
Active members gain access to the following:
- Connections to Broome County’s top business leaders through the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Alliance
- Discounted admission to a variety of professional development events
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities in the local community
- Invitations to networking events with like-minded, young professionals from an array of industries
- Early to mid-career professional with desire to make a sustainable, positive change in Greater Broome County
- Make a meaningful annual donation to support United Way of Broome County’s Community Campaign
- Attend and participate in one sponsored event per calendar year
Are you the next Emerging Leader?
- Taylor Clark, ELS Co-Chair, Auchinachie Services
- Ashley Layton, ELS Co-Chair, Visions Federal Credit Union
- Alexa Langeland, ELS Marketing Chair & Co-Secretary, Alexa Langeland State Farm
- Bryce Reynolds, ELS Leadership Development Chair, Primerica Advisors
- Marissa Robbins, ELS Volunteer Chair & Co-Secretary, Association of Vision Rehabilitation & Employment (AVRE)
- Nick Spencer, ELS Treasurer, Smith Brothers Insurance
- Aisha Jasper, ELS Board Member, Visions Federal Credit Union