Emerging Leaders Society
Join our next generation of emerging leaders!
United Way’s Emerging Leaders are a dynamic group all about making connections – with a purpose. With the Emerging Leaders Society, you’ll have opportunities to give back to Broome County at events while meeting other ambitious and passionate young professionals.
Emerging Leaders are building a stronger, more vibrant Broome County with a focus on advancing United Way’s strategic priorities through leadership development, educational opportunities, volunteerism and networking events.
United Way of Broome County’s Emerging Leaders Society is excited to hold a kickball game at Beer Tree in Port Crane on Wednesday, July 28th! Set to start at 6 pm, this event aims to connect young professionals in a fun and different way. The $10 cost gets you admission to the game, a food voucher, and a donation to the Binghamton Police Athletic League Camp. Sign up now!
To promote and encourage philanthropy and volunteerism by engaging young professionals with the United Way of Broome County through impactful community service projects, leadership development, and by fostering personal and professional relationships.
Catch up on our Round Table Discussions Series, which features timely, interactive, raw, unfiltered conversations with local young professionals.
Strengthen our community by creating highly visible and impactful service projects.
Foster and grow connections that will benefit members on a personal as well as professional level.
Provide targeted and meaningful educational opportunities to support the development of future leaders.
Active members gain access to the following:
- Connections to Broome County’s top business leaders through the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Alliance
- Discounted admission to a variety of professional development events
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities in the local community
- Invitations to networking events with like-minded, young professionals from an array of industries
- Early to mid-career professional with desire to make a sustainable, positive change in Greater Broome County
- Make a meaningful annual donation to support United Way of Broome County’s Community Campaign
- Attend and participate in one sponsored event per calendar year
Are you the next Emerging Leader?
- Nick Spencer, ELS Co-Chair, Smith Brothers Insurance
- Ashley Layton, ELS Co-Chair, Visions Federal Credit Union
- Alexa Langeland, ELS Marketing Chair, Alexa Langeland State Farm
- Eddie Thomason, ELS Leadership Development Chair, Toshiba
- Taylor Clark, ELS Volunteer Chair, Auchinachie Services
- Matthew Hawes, ELS Treasurer, United Way of Broome County
- Kelcie Guccia, ELS Secretary, Delta Engineers, Architects, & Land Surveyors
- Marissa Robbins, ELS Board Member, Association of Vision Rehabilitation & Employment (AVRE)
- Maya Jones, ELS Board Member, Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Aisha Jasper, ELS Board Member, Visions Federal Credit Union
- Nick Cortese, ELS Board Member, Coughlin & Gerhart
- Jason Aurelio, ELS Board Member, Sentry Alarms
- Bryce Reynolds, ELS Board Member, Primerica Advisors