Community Resource Specialist
211 Susquehanna River Region Director
United Way of Broome County, 101 S. Jensen Road, Vestal
Please send cover letter and resume to:
United Way of Broome County, Inc.
Finance PO Box 550
Binghamton, NY 13902
POSITION SUMMARY STATEMENT
This position will serve as a Community Resource Specialist responding to inquiries.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a front-line representative to the public, processing incoming calls ranging from simple requests to immediate emergency needs or crises
- Deliver quality, professional, accurate information and referral services to inquirers
- Respond to each caller with respect and compassion, regardless of economic status, race, age, sexual orientation or social group
- Accurately record individual caller transaction details for each contact, including AIRS taxonomy-based issues, needs assessment, agency/program/service referrals, and any unmet needs for community service assessment
- Report any database updates and/or changes to the 211 Susquehanna River Region Director and staff
- Seek and maintain Community Resource Specialist (CRS) Certification through AIRS, with required professional training and education programs
- Work and communicate effectively with all members of United Way of Broome County and the 211 Susquehanna River Region staff
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Professional Requirements: (Abilities/Skills: i.e., ability to empathize, initiative, self-confidence, customer focus, drive to achieve, teamwork, leadership, etc.)
- Associate’s degree with minimum of two years related experience in health and human services, information and referral, library services, computer sciences, research, or related field
- Excellent computer skills with demonstrated track record of successful database management, and proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and organize
- Effective communication, both verbal and written
- Good judgment and the ability to communicate with tact and discretion
- Self-directed and able to work independently and within a team
- Ability to perform under high pressure and emotional situations
- Skilled in the use of technology to record and disseminate information
Sitting, Standing, Lifting, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional walking or standing is required
- The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects