Community Impact Model
United Way of Broome County has a long history of bringing people together. We work to build a stronger, more vibrant Broome County. We proudly provide financial and backbone support to local agencies and initiatives. We fund over 40 programs which impact the lives of thousands of Broome County residents every year, yet we are still confronted with issues of hunger, poverty, and an academic achievement gap based on race and social class. While we fund programs that do good work, it is not enough. Much of our work is focused on putting a Band-Aid on the issue rather than finding a cure. It is only when we focus resources on finding a cure that we will be able to create lasting change. This had led us to the Community Impact Model.
Community Impact is...
- Taking a specific social issue in the community and focusing resources to address the problem.
- Engaging and aligning with the community around a cause
- Investing in initiatives that will lead to lasting changes in community conditions by addressing the systemic cause of an issue
- Establishing a cross-sector and cross-functional partnership with an agreed purpose and scope.
- Recruiting community leaders, stakeholders to serve in a leadership role or a team
- Mobilizing the time, funds, talent and experience of individuals and institutions emphasizing community level change.
- Measuring, evaluating, and communicating results on targeted outcomes.
- Track and use data to inform the success of strategies and target outcomes
- Help understand the initiative’s context and learn more how the change process is performing
Every day people’s lives are being improved because residents and companies in Broome County care. We are recruiting people and organizations from all across our community who bring the passion, expertise, and resources needed to get things done. We invite you to be a part of the solution. You can give, you can advocate, and you can volunteer. That’s what it means to LIVE UNITED.